Saturday, October 23, 2004

Various Musings

Since I'm not getting a new laptop for a while, The Wife and I went to Sam's Club (there is no Costco in State College) and got a nice new computer chair. It's comfy and leather. Definite improvement to the 1974 kitchen table chair that we had been using.

I watched Eight Men Out last night as research for my Whiteness class. I think I can use it, so that's good. Also, it's not a bad movie. Not Field of Dreams good mind you, but pretty good all the same. I think I'll use both those movies in my project and take a look at The Natural also. Should work pretty well.

Also, I saw a little Ali G online this week. I've gotta say, though it can be pretty offensive, that show can be dang funny. When he's interviewing Boutros Boutros Ghali and asks him questions like "Which countries, when they get up and speak, have the dumbest sounding languages? Is it the French?" and asks him how you swear in different languages, and then Boutros Boutros Ghali answers all those questions in all seriousness, that's pretty funny. Though I certainly wouldn't recommend it to everyone, or in more than small doses.

No comments: