Wednesday, November 17, 2004

why you should watch "House" on Fox

I caught this new show last night called "House" (9:00 eastern on Fox). It's pretty enjoyable. If you like medical procedurals but are tired of CSI, check it out. It's about a crotchety doctor who doesn't like people but figuring out illnesses. It's like a one hour semi-comic drama about Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

I really liked it, and so did Amelia, though it had a little too much blood for her (I'll admit, the tracheotomy (sp?) was a bit much for me too).

Good writing, good acting, funny dialogue, interesting story--at least for one episode. I hope it keeps up.

The only thing that kind of turned me off was the weird things they did with color. At some points it looked like almost entirely black and white except for splashes of peach and light orange. Odd. It's pretty washed out, which is fine, but sometimes it was just too much.

Anyway, it's good. I recommend it.

No comments: