Tuesday, January 25, 2005

snow (not the rapper)

So these east coasters take their snow seriously. And yes, I realize I'm not exactly on the coastline, but I grew up in Kansas so this, to me, is the east coast. Just like when I was living in Utah and people told me that living in Kansas was living in the east.

Anyway, yesterday they had flurries, tomorrow is supposed to be a clipper, and this weekend is another nor'easter. Whatever happened to just a good old fashioned snowstorm?

So all my friends these days seem to be buying houses and getting real jobs and joining the military and stuff. That leaves me in a strange position--especially since I don't know what I'm going to do when I actually do finish school. Sometimes that's the draw of grad school: delay making real choices about the future. But the problem is that once I do finish (if I were to stay the whole time) then the real choices I have are kind of crappy, especially since I don't want to spend my life in a big college English department. So it's actually not that big of a draw, but still. The idea of having a house and dog and all that is very appealing. But so is having a Master's degree, so it's cool.

OK, ramble over. I'll be reading all day today, which means I'll probably post again at some point.

No comments: