Tuesday, February 08, 2005

back in the saddle

So, if I don't post as much this week, it's because I got in one of those moods where I really am focused and trying to get a lot done. I realized I have some projects due later in the semester that I'd like to get started on now, so I'm trying to reduce my computer/tv time and up my homework/research time. We'll see how it works. I'll still post frequently, just not as much (probably, though I could go out of this phase as quickly as I entered it).

Sunday was an interesting day. We got together with some friends from church to watch the Super Bowl. Good times, good times. No one had any real stake in the game, though a few of us would have preferred to see the Eagles win, definitely. Shawn, buddy, my heart goes out to you. But it was pretty fun to watch. Those last five minutes, particularly, where exciting. I was totally ready for a comeback! Ah well, maybe next year.

I also found out on Sunday that one of my students goes to my church. So that's weird. We walked in late, right as they were announcing his name as a new member of the ward. I was shocked AND awed. No, he's a cool guy. It's funny, because he's a film student, and I actually told Amelia at the beginning of the semester that it was too bad he's my student, because he seems like he'd be fun to hang out with. Now when the semster ends, maybe we will, who knows? Fortunately, he's a pretty good writer (he's like 29 and pretty smart) so hopefully it won't be too awkward that I'm still grading his papers. We'll see. I got a new batch to grade yesterday . . .

Well, I'm outta here for now. I think I'm going to try to go to the library this evening and check out a million books on my various projects. Woot.

No comments: