Wednesday, February 23, 2005

McSweeney's

You do know about McSweeney's don't you? What? You don't?

Well, it's great.

What is it exactly, you ask? I don't know, really. I know they've got a great website. I know that Dave Eggars is involved in it (he wrote A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, which you should read). I know they publish books and anthologies that are fabulous. The McSweeney's group is an independent publishing group, I think...

They're also really funny. Where else could you find an article like

Things a Lieutenant Would Say to His Men Before Combat If, Instead of Soldiers in a Central American Revolutionary Conflict, He Thought They Were Characters in Contra for Nintendo?

I'm telling you, check it out. It'll keep you busy for days and days. Or at least a few minutes.

No comments: