Tuesday, February 15, 2005

st. valentine's day, minus the massacre.

Sorry I've been gone for a while. Hope that hasn't driven my three readers away too much. If I haven't mentioned already, I've got a presentation due every week this month, in addition to my normal class load and beginning semester projects. So I'm a little busy, but hey, we all are.

Amelia and I had a nice Valentine's Day yesterday. We just got each other some chocolates and little presents and then went out to eat. We went to a nice restaurant, but we checked online first to see menu prices. Not too bad, the had things as low as $12.95 and several dishes around the $16 mark. When we got there, however, they had a "Special Valentine's Day Menu," which of course meant there was nothing below $21.95. But it was 7:30 by then and we figured odds of getting a table somewhere else were pretty sketchy at best, so we went with it. At least a lot came with the meal: hor's deourvs (I'm SURE I didn't spell that correctly, but I don't feel like looking it up), bread, salad, and pretty large portions. So it could have been worse. It was tasty and classy, and hey, I don't think we've been to a fancy restaurant since our high school Winter Formal, so it was a nice thing to do.

We came home and watched a movie and just relaxed together. Amelia took part of the day off today, so she was able to sleep in. All in all, it's been a nice little holiday.

Other than that, I'm deep into school. After my 24-book trip to the library, I have plenty to keep me busy. It's just finding the time to get to it. One of my teachers asked me to re-do my final project proposal (I was really vague and didn't include any bibliographical sources, which apparently he wanted) and though annoying I think it helped me narrow down what I'm going to focus on. I'm sure I'll fill in the details as the semester goes on, but the short version is I'm going to look at various interpretations of A Midsummer Night's Dream. Should be all right.

Hope you all had a nice evening as well. I'll try and post more than I have been lately. Stay with me!

No comments: