Tuesday, February 01, 2005

There's being a fan, and then there's being an idiot...

So there was an article in the paper yesterday (picked up by the AP today, it looks like) about Eagles fans who are borrowing money against their homes in order to go to the Super Bowl. Now, I have a friend who's an Eagles fan who I'm sure will have an opinion on this, but is it just me or are these people idiots? I mean, the guy who the article is about said, "Sometimes the credit cards are maxed out and you gotta do what you gotta do."

What?

No you don't. It's a game, man. It's not worth extra years of house payments! I hate having a car loan, I hate having to pay for student loans, I hate having money on my credit card. There's no way you could convince me to borrow against my house FOR A GAME! I don't care how big of an Eagles fan you are, I just find that stupid. It's just a game. Our society is all about going in to debt these days. It's ridiculous. I know people who lived their life that way, and guess what? Years later they're still paying for it.

Is it just me, or is that crazy?

No comments: