Monday, March 14, 2005

The Daily Grind

I've been trying this weekend to post some pictures, but there's something wrong with the program I've been using, so nothing's gone up. I'll keep trying.

We had a really fun week off this past week. Amelia rediscovered her love for an Xbox snowboarding game we have, so that caused much intensity as we played together. It was so fun, we bought the sequel today. We went down to Washington last Wednesday, which was pretty fun. Found out that from the steps of the Capitol Building down to the Lincoln Memorial is 1.9 miles. I think we walked it twice or more. So we were tired. But it was fun. Adam took some cool pictures, and we stumbled across a couple museums that I'd never heard of--the Corcoran and the Renwick. The Corcoran (I have no idea if I'm spelling that right) is actually an art school that Adam had considered applying to, so we saw some famous artworks as well as some student projects, which was pretty cool. The Renwick was part of the Smithsonian, and it was called "The American Craft" museum. It was cool. I actually saw some paintings by artists I've studied in my nature writing class, so that was neat. In all, it was a nice trip.

Spring break is over now, and we're back to the daily grind. I actually got a lot done this weekend. I completely finished my reading for one of my classes (except for reading I'll have to do for my final project and so on). It's kind of nice, because I feel like I have some time to focus on my semester projects now. Hopefully I'll actually be productive now so that April isn't awful. We'll see. I need to do a lot of work this week so that we can enjoy going home to Kansas next week. But I have an idea of the direction I'm taking in most of my classes.

Other than that, I've been getting ready for next fall--trying to work out what I'll be teaching, what I'll be taking, and so on. One class I'm interested in is called Gothic to Goth, studying the gothic movement from early classic works like Dracula and Frankenstein and through the present with Stephen King and so on, including films. Sounds like a lot of fun. Plus it's from a teacher I had last semester, and he'll let me get away with writing on whatever I feel like, so that's a plus.

On another note, the brackets came out yesterday, as I'm sure you know. I don't know what to predict this year! Though I'm tempted to put the Jayhawks going all the way, I don't really think this is their year. I really just want the Tar Heels to go out before KU, but I'm not sure that's going to happen either. It's funny though, because no one here really cares very much about March Madness--this is a football school, after all. So I'm excited, but there's no outlet for that excitement. It's annoying!

All right, that' s enough for now. I'll try to get back in the habit of regular posts, since I got out of the habit over Spring Break.

How have you been?

No comments: