Monday, July 11, 2005

because i don't know how to play bocce ball

So this weekend I wanted to buy some lawn darts, because I played on the 4th of July and had a lot of fun. Here's the thing: LAWN DARTS ARE ILLEGAL IN THE U.S. Did you know this? I gotta think this is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I know that three kids were killed by lawn darts back in the 80s, but do we really think lawn darts are more dangerous than say, firecrackers? If were worried about throwing weighty objects around (because lawn darts don't actually have points, just rounded metal nubs) then I've gotta think horse shoes are the bigger danger. Good night, I mean I think more kids have died from swallowing legos, but those aren't illegal. So what gives? Why are these more dangerous than any of a million other games--including regular darts, that have sharpened tips?

I even tried to buy some on eBay, but of course now they're "vintage" so it costs $80 for a set of four darts. I don't want to play that bad, thank you.

So if you're out garage sale-ing and want to pick me up a little present, keep an eye out for lawn darts. As I told my friend who found four sets for $3, I'll even pay double the price (ok, up to a certain point) so you'll make money! It's a win-win situation.

Anyway, instead we just bought the game "Sequence." It's fun too, I suppose.

No comments: