Wednesday, July 27, 2005

blackjack

Last night we went to a surprise party for a friend from church. He ended up being about forty minutes later than they estimated (they were coming from out-of-town) but it still ended up being really fun. It was a Las Vegas theme, so they had set up blackjack tables and had cards everywhere and stuff. It was actually pretty funny, since we don't really gamble in our church, to see us all trying to remember the rules and figuring out how the house works and stuff. I was on a streak for a while, but since we were just playing for plastic chips, it didn't really matter. It was still pretty entertaining, and Amelia pointed out that it was good that she didn't know how to play before we went to Vegas a couple years back, because that would have really been trouble.

I totally skipped school today, too. The class ends on Friday, I've gotten a 97% or above on every quiz and test we've taken, and we're allowed to miss four hours of the class and drop a quiz without penalty, so I figured I might as well. Actually, my wife convinced me it would be good to skip when I mentioned the idea, so that's cool. She's pretty awesome.

So late night blackjack and missing commitments . . . if I didn't know otherwise, I'd say I've got a gambling problem.

(On an unrelated note, congrats to Nate and Emily on the birth of Anna Marie! If I had to put money done, I'd bet she's a cutey.)

No comments: