Friday, July 29, 2005

domo arigato, mr. roboto

Japanese class is over! Woot! I'm very happy about this development, as the class has slowly been driving me crazy for the last eight weeks. Not that I didn't like the learnin' part--I did. But some of the people (even the ones I really liked) just drove me nuts sometimes. I forget how obnoxious I was at 18, 19, 20--though I'm sure some of you can attest, I could (and still can) be as much of an idiot as anyone. We're going to a little class party tonight (Dance Dance Revolution has been promised, and Amelia is very excited about it) which should make for an interesting post, but after that it's back to being a grown-up. At any rate, it's over, and I'm pleased as punch.

Well, I should probably spend the next few hours before class grading papers, but I will probably spend it watching "Mr. Show" instead. Ah, freedom. Then again, I think it's perfectly healthy to take a semi-slacker day after finishing a class. I know I always did as an undergrad, and I see no reason to stop now.

By the way, check out my buddy Zimm's pictures. He's pretty good. That makes two close friends who are skilled photographers, and it makes me doubly jealous. I kid, I kid, but it is a skill I wish I had. Anyway,maybe more people looking at Zimm's pictures will encourage him to add a photo gallery, which would be a good thing.

No comments: