Tuesday, August 23, 2005

beginning of semester rush

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I hope I haven't bored my limited readership by my lack of activity. If it's any consolation, there hasn't been much activity to report anyway.

It's almost time for school to start once again. I've got training activities starting on Thursday and then classes start on Tuesday--which is a little worrisome, since I haven't figured out yet how to get the students their first reading assignment, which is due on Friday (it's on electronic reserve, and I thought I knew how to do that, but apparently I don't know much of anything) or how to reserve films, which I also hoped to do. Once I can finally get things set up, I have confidence that it will work. Until then, however, it's just added stress--and I don't have much hair left, so stress is my enemy.

Today I have to go make photocopies, get a parking pass, buy printer ink, and generally figure out what the library wants me to do. It sucks, but I am actually very much looking forward to teaching this class. I think it will be interesting.

In facial news, the goatee has made a return this week, which is a surprise, but a good one. I didn't shave one day, and then another, and before I knew it there it was. I still may get rid of it again, but for now, it's good.

And really, that's about it. Oh! We visited our good friends Natlie and Corrie on Sunday night and played games until the wee hours of the morning. Have you ever played Settlers of Catan? Surprisingly fun! If you're in the market for a present for me, that's a good one. All right, more later . . . I promise.

No comments: