Tuesday, October 11, 2005

return to normalcy

The bad part about winning a big game in a small town like this? Our apartment lobby and stairway now smell decidedly like urine. Decidedly.

But enough about sports. Today is one of those days where I have loads to do but am unaccountably optimistic that I'll be able to get it all done. Or at least done enough that I can get through class tonight and tomorrow. Oh, that's right, my usual Wednesday night class was moved to tonight this week (apparently tomorrow is Yom Kippur or something) so we're meeting tonight from 8:00 to 10:30. Sad is this sounds, my mind shuts down at around 9:00 or 9:30 most nights, so I'm interested to see how this goes. I feel like such an old man sometimes, but with Amelia's job forcing us to be out of the house by 6:55 most days, I just can't stay up till 2 or 3 like I used to. Or, when I do, I really hate life the next day.

Speaking of things I hate, I'm starting to get anxiety about finding a job after graduation. I know, I know, there are like 8 months before I finish school, but still. I want someone to just call me up and say "Hey, we heard about your upcoming graduation. We'd like to hire you." That option seems unlikely, however. So I need to start scouring websites and working up my resume and so on. I'm thinking of a)high school teaching, b)government something or other, or c)loafing. Obviously, this vague sense of directionlessness (say that word three times fast) is not helping. But that seems to be the story of my life.

No comments: