Monday, February 12, 2007

A change . . . will it really do me good?

So, I'm thinking of implementing some changes around here. You know, put up a few shelves, paint the walls, all that crap. I'm also thinking of reformatting--making this blog more about film, literature, and the like, and less about my (not so) interesting life. The downside is, I don't always have great comments about those other subjects, so would I lose even more readers with such a switch? Or not? This demands more thought. Until I decide, life will pretty much continue as usual.

That's what my life has been doing actually: continuing as usual. It's hard to notice winter down here. 10 feet of snow in New York over the past week, and today I felt a little too warm in a light long-sleeved shirt. 70 degree weather will do that to you. It is definitely nice, but I would prefer this weather in April-May and September-October rather than beautiful now and boiling in the summer. In reality, though, unless you have Seasonal Affective Disorder (or appropriately SAD for short) I think you can get used to anything. Good thing too, since we've kicked around the idea of moving to Seattle next. That'd be a few years, but we'll see. We may take a trip there this summer.

I've been enjoying Ken Jennings' book Brainiac lately. It's a treasure trove of trivia and a lot of fun. It has also convinced me that I wouldn't do all that well on Jeapordy. I read a lot and soak up a lot of information, but most of it evaporates for me. How many times can I learn the circumference of the earth (24,900 miles) and still not quite be sure that's actually right. It's a fun read, though. Sounds like a guy I'd like to get to know.

All right, until next time, remember: watch out for hamsters.

No comments: