Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Bits and Pieces

I saw Beowulf this weekend. I'm not sure how that wasn't rated R, what with the blood and nudity. But what do I know. Here's my take: this movie is to Beowulf as the Lion King is to Hamlet. Yeah, the basics are the same, but it's a whole new story. Once I stopped trying to make it the Anglo-Saxon epic and started accepting it as a Hollywood action epic, I quite enjoyed it.

I love Christmas. I miss the snow, in fact, but I'm pleased to have the tree up. I'm excited about some of the projects I've been working on to send to family and friends, so it's shaping up to be a good holiday season.

I'm thinking about buying a Nintendo DS. Part of me feels foolish for considering this. The other part of me recognizes that gamers have grown up. Video games aren't just for pre-adolescents anymore. Brain Age, the New York Times crossword, Sudoku? It's worth it just for these games, I think.

I still love Hamlet. One of the greatest plays ever written.

Almost finished reading World War Z. I like it. Zombies don't really frighten me, but there's something about them that makes for entertaining stories.

After being home sick from work for 2 days last week, I finally caught up watching back episodes of NBC's "Chuck." I'm converted. It's harmless but entertaining fun.

Finally, just 3 weeks until Christmas! And more importantly (for now), only 10 days until Christmas break! Must...hold...on...

No comments: