Thursday, August 28, 2008

Obama Acceptance


Just finished watching the speech. Incredible. I'm so ready for a politician who restores hope rather than adds to the cynicism. I want his vision for America. Jobs here, by developing the energy industry (and simultaneously getting us off our oil dependence--sorry Tim! I want solar and wind power!). Judgment in the use of military force, but strength abroad. Lower taxes for people like me and you, and higher taxes for the wealthy and corporations. Emphasis on education, on family responsibility, on getting more people to work and healthcare for everyone, and most importantly on national unity -- on reminding America that our greatness lies in both our individual potential and in our cooperative solidarity. I love it. I can't wait to cast my ballot for him in just two months. Go Obama! (Go-bama?)

No comments: