Friday, December 05, 2008

Up on the Housetop

My recent bout with food poisoning came mid-christmas-light-hanging, which means that for four days we had one string of lights on our house. They stopped halfway up the peak of the roof. It was classy.

However, yesterday I finally got the ladder back out and crawled around on my roof. This was impressive for a number of reasons, the most notable being that I am mildly acrophobic (that's fear of heights, not fear of acrobats, and should not be confused with anablephobia--fear of looking up--or illyngophobia--the fear of vertigo).

It looks pretty good. I'd post a picture, but I haven't taken any, and I'm really comfortable on the couch right now.

Still, it's fun to be getting ready for Christmas again. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. Christmas break (8 more school days!), advent calendar (this year is my year, so behind all the little doors is something for me), Christmas music (usually I make a Christmas mix cd, but I haven't yet this year), etc. I love it. It's hard to be grumpy in December. Unless you have heortophobia. That's a fear of holidays.

No comments: