Monday, October 04, 2004

Documentaries

So, I've been thinking about what I'll do if I end up deciding against going on to get a PhD. I think there's a lot I could do (I've got loads of editing experience, though I don't really like it; I could teach at a community college, though it's hard to get a good teaching gig anywhere; I could mooch of my wife while I write a great American novel that I'd probably never sell, though I'm sure she'd have a thing or two to say about that) but I'm not sure what I would want to do.

Here's a thought: researcher for documentaries. I love documentaries. They're important, educational, entertaining. How does one get into this job? Anybody at PBS looking for some extra researchers? Maybe I'll take some film classes here after all.

Also, I'm open to other suggestions.

No comments: