Monday, November 08, 2004

teaching the youth of america to be cyborgs

Class was actually pretty fun today. They handed in their papers and we got started looking at paper 5, which is a proposal. I don't want to read just 24 proposals about policy issues they don't care about, so I'm expanding the assignment to do more creative things as well. Today we read the Cyborg Manifesto, for example, and had a nice little discussion on the future and morality and so on. The Manifesto is actually a spoof by Adbusters, though I didn't tell them that to begin with. It all worked out pretty well, I think.

The Wife and B came and observed the class, which was pretty nerve-wracking, but I think it went well.

I also finished The Crying of Lot 49 today. I don't think I get it. I'll have to do some more research, because I've got a paper to write about it tomorrow and I have no clue what I'm going to say.


No comments: