Thursday, December 23, 2004

of couches and napping

So, most mornings I try to wake up when my wife does so I can take her to work or get started on my day. However, when I don't have school to go to, I've noticed that I always have the same habit. After I drive her to work I come home and sleep for another hour. But not in bed, on the couch. I think this odd in part because we have a fairly uncomfortable couch, but I could probably sleep for 2 or 3 hours on the couch if I let myself (and if the room stayed dark). So what makes couches so comfortable for sleeping? My theory is that sleeping against a couch back is like sleeping against another person, which is a very nice thing. But maybe it just means I'm not getting enough sleep at night.

Anyway, this morning as I was napping I had a dream that I was in the mafia. Or more precisely, my father was in the mafia. Also, my father was Robert DeNiro. So his sister and her son (my aunt and little cousin) came over and something bad had happened, so DeNiro shot them both in the back of the head. They both lived, though. And I don't mean they went to the hospital and lived and it was miraculous. The bullets in their heads just didn't really phase them. I made the little boy promise me he wouldn't be in the mafia when he grew up, because his life had been given a second chance. Then I made the mother promise never to come back and visit us, because she upset DeNiro. Then we went outside for a block party and to get a family picture taken.

It was a very strange dream.

No comments: