Tuesday, December 07, 2004

student comments

I just finished grading student journals. Holy crap that took forever. This is a department requirement, not mine, so I told them that they could write whatever they wanted, but they had to write something. A lot of them were very insightful, thoughtful, etc. A few of them, however, wrote all their entries in one sitting or just wrote whatever popped into their heads. Check out these two comments, both from one student:
  • "After I did that I played some Halo 2, which is an amazing game. I am pretty good at it, and by pretty good I mean incredible."
  • "I think one of my favorite parts of the movie [Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey] is whenever Bill's stepdad is telling him that there is always a place for him in the Alaskan military, but then they need to remove his character from the screen so he says "Mmm! Fresh Fudge" and walks away. That's what I call movie genius right there. Can you think of a better way to get a character off the screen? I don't think you can."
Awesome! Teaching freshmen cracks me up.

No comments: