Monday, January 16, 2006

Martin Luther King Day

Today, I have to admit, I did little to nothing to honor one of the most important and inspiring men of the twentieth century. Instead, my accomplishments included:

  • Defeating the game Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  • Finally setting up our iPod shuffle (man that thing holds a lot of music)
  • Visiting Target to contemplate the purchase of an inexpensive weight lifting bench
  • Applying for a job with the NSA
  • Eating a delicious Subway oven-roasted chicken breast sandwich
  • Reading two deadly dull articles on the ongoing debates among New Americanists and other literary scholars regarding the novel/romance debate surrounding 19th century literature
  • Watching hours 3 and 4 of "24"
  • Avoiding getting charged $25 for having glass in my garbage disposal (a milk bottle shattered; I wasn't just trying to grind up some glass) just by being friendly with the maintenance guys.
All in all, I'd call it a successful and enjoyable day. At the very least, I can say this: all my activities were achieved with a spirit of nonviolence and brotherly acceptance. Though I did decide I'd like to take up boxing (I just need to find a good bag and a place to hang it from), this would purely be for fun/exercise, and not for pummelling others.

And that's how I spent my last weekday holiday until Spring Break.

No comments: