Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Meanderings

Two weeks: I think that's the longest I've gone without posting since I began this blog. But the past is behind me, so now on to bigger and better things. What those things are, I don't know, but they're probably not anywhere on this blog. Move along, nothing to see here.











Except THIS!

Now that that's out of the way, let me mention a couple important upcoming events: On Friday, Amelia and I are going to New (Jersey) York! I'm pretty excited. We haven't taken a trip just to take a trip basically since we went to Vegas a couple years ago. I think we both need it, and we won't have too many more trip opportunities until after we move. (Assuming we actually do move. Hey, you out there with the jobs! Call me!)

I'm not sure yet what we're going to do. We'll be staying here and heading into the city at least two of the days we're there. We want to do all the usual stuff we can (Conan or Daily Show taping, see a play, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty (but cold!), museums, good dining, etc. etc.) but if you have any particular recommendations, we're open.

In other news, the Oscars are on Sunday. I've only seen one of the Best Picture nominees (Crash) but I'd really like to see all the nominees (particularly Capote and Good Night and Good Luck). The thing is, lately I haven't been in much of a movie-watching mood. I don't know what's wrong with me exactly. Given the choice, though, I seem to be up for TV (on DVD of course) more than movies. I think it's a "too busy with school" thing. With a good season box set I can watch satisfying (and much longer) storylines in smaller increments. It works well. I'm sure I'll get back to the filmage soon--I've had the same 3 Netflix DVDs for a couple of weeks now--but I'm remaining entertained and happy, so it can't be too bad. (For those keeping track, I'm almost caught up on Veronica Mars [excellent], finished with Buffy [mostly excellent] and almost finished with Angel [also mostly excellent].)

By the way, for those of you who mock me for being a Buffy fan, I just want to point out that the writers and producers of "24" are also fans. The fake name Audrey gave in last night's episode? Jane Espensen, one of the writers of Buffy. David Fury has had a hand in producing both shows. Ah, the useless trivia that clouds my brain.

All right, on my honor, I will do my duty, to obey the scout law . . . wait, I mean to blog more often. Later.

PS - The Ricky Gervais Podcasts are back, but now they want to charge $1.95 for a 30 minute audio program. No thank you, says I. The Interweb is great because of all the free entertainment. I'm not down with the paying. This is my protest.

No comments: