Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Progress: Slightly

Today I finally finished an application I've been (somewhat) putting off working on for several months. Finishing it actually gave me some incentive for continued effort in the job search. Plus, I think there's a good chance an interview will result from it (it's through a connection; networking is the way to go I hear). AND I found a great website for positions in academia (though mostly at colleges/universities) that I had not been using before, so that may have increased my job opportunities. I don't know where and I don't know when, but someday I'll have a real job that pays real money. That's going to be a great day.

Speaking of great days, I had a nice birthday on Monday. I got all motivated to workout in the morning (I guess I can combat being old at least one day a year) and did some work with hand weights at home. It was fine, except I did lunges with weights. Now my legs are KILLING me. As in, it's hard to stand up and walk around. I guess that's what I get for going so long without the focused exercise and whatnot.

But the rest of the day was better. Amelia made an awesome Peaches and Cream birthday cake, and we went out to eat at a place called Quaker Steak and Lube (I know I know, it sounds like a garage. That's the point), which was tasty, but not excellent. But then I opened presents and was very pleased.

Amelia bought me a fairly nice baseball glove with a couple of new baseballs. She also got a cheap glove for herself, because I've been mentioning lately that we should play. It's nice, and I've been playing with it for the last couple of days. Makes me feel like a kid again. She also bought me the Return of the King extended edition, which completes the trilogy. That Amelia, she's pretty good.

OK, I've got to get to class and teach (or do something like unto it) so I'll stop here. But it's been a good week so far, which is encouraging.

By the way, after a many-month hiatus, my brother's blog "Is Winning a Crime" has been updated again with a nice long baseball post. Check it out, why don't you.

No comments: