Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's Official!

I'm moving to Georgia. I got a job teaching at a private school there that I'm completely excited about. Part of that excitement is just "I-finally-have-a-job" excitement, but part of it is that I can't wait to move to this place.

Linked above is a 15 minute tourist video all about the area. Watch it, and I think you'll be convinced you have to come visit me. You come down, we'll give you a place to stay. Plus, the video looks like it could be a church video for the first 2 minutes. Basically we'll be living in Paradise, and I'm looking forward to it. 260 holes of golf! Matt, I'm looking in your direction here.

The downside, of course is that it's not very close to any of our families in terms of travel time. I had looked at a place in Joplin, Missouri, but it turned out to not be really what I was looking for. For now (maybe 5-10 years, we're thinking), I think this will be a great place for us.

The job is excellent--just what I was looking for. Next year I'll be teaching two 10th grade World Lit classes, one 11th grade American Lit class, and oen 12th grade British Lit class. There are possibilities in the future of teaching a film and lit class and more. The pay is very good (for private schools, anyway--remember teachers don't get paid too much) and everyone I talked to seems like they'd be great to work with. Plus, I really do love teaching, so I'm excited about that too.

To top it all off, since it's really a resort community, we think Amelia will be able to find some good job opportunities too. Her two years of hotel experience--a field she really hadn't planned on working in--will serve her well. It reminds us that everything really does happen for a reason.

So plan your vacation now! We're just an hour north of Jacksonville and 1.5 hours south of Savannah. It's beautiful, and we'd love to see you.

No comments: