Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

So, you ask, how did Shoeless Joel spend his Thanksgiving? Grading papers and reading for school! Ah, a teacher's work is never done. Sadly, Amelia had work today, so we had our Thanksgiving yesterday. Let me tell you, though, it was just as delicious on Wednesday as it was today: Turkey (just a turkey breast, there were only two of us, but still lots of leftovers!), stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes, green been casserole, yams and apples, rolls, and two kinds of pie! That's quite a feast for just two people, so we'll be enjoying leftovers for the next few days.

Tonight, when Amelia gets home, I think we're going to do some Christmas setting up.

Now don't feel too bad for me. On the plus side, because I was here alone all day, I had a chance to participate in Amazon's "Buy an Xbox 360 for $100" promotion. They were selling only 1000 at that price, and servers all over the place were dying. But somehow, I got through the mayhem and won! That was a nice little highlight to the day, even though overall I think 360 games are way overpriced.

Now I just have to decide if I actually want to keep it or sell it on Ebay and buy the Premium system (the deal was for the Core system). This seems to be the way to get the most for my money, but then again, I'm not as hardcore a gamer as I used to be, so I don't know if I really need all the bells and whistles (and I certainly don't have an HD TV). Either way, it turned out to be a profitable Thanksgiving for me, so I'm not complaining.

And speaking of Christmas, Amelia and I are thinking of buying a camcorder this year for Christmas. Any recommendations? I see that MiniDV is the most popular format, but what do you have and what do you use? I want something where I can edit videos on my computer, but is it worth it to pay more for burning straight onto DVD? Thoughts? Ideas? Recommendations?

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

No comments: