Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Official: I'm Poor and Boring

This weekend Amelia flew to Utah to support her sister, who ran in a marathon in Logan. I'm glad she got to go, but man things were boring here. Finances are a little tight right now (turns out we waste a lot of money going out to eat and then still have expensive grocery and utility bills--that's not right!) so I couldn't do a few of the things I wanted (like buy a doghouse and some other outdoor equipment). Instead I spent like 3 days straight doing the following activities: grading papers, trimming the lawn and trees, cleaning the house, and playing with the dog. Not a bad way to spend a few days, but here it is Sunday and I realized I'm still not super prepared for tomorrow's classes.

Seriously, teaching one more class is definitely shifting my ability to get things done in advance. Thank goodness I don't have to start from scratch!

On the down side, weekend tv sucks. Reruns of House and . . . that's about it.

On the plus side, I have discovered some amazing things about my iPod. (By the way, I like those new iPod touches they have, but I wouldn't trade for my 80 gig guy. I still love it.) Turns out there are some good free programs for converting video files to mp4 format, so now I can add movies and tv shows from my hard drive right onto this thing with incredible quality. It's pretty awesome.

All right, the dog is lonely. Time to go wrestle.

No comments: