Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Just a Caveman. Your Widgets Confuse and Frighten Me

Technology! Stop leaving me behind! So while helping Amelia prep her new blog (permanent link coming soon) I realized why Blogger keeps wanting me to upgrade to their new template system. The widgets and customization are really a whole lot easier, it looks like. Here's the thing, though. I've spent so long customizing and figuring out how to run the HTML on my current version that I'm going to need to spend some major time again figuring out how to format and edit everything correctly. So, if anytime in the near future you stumble onto the blog and it looks like cat poo melded with stick figure drawings, know that I'm just in the process of upgrading. And if the blog looks the same in 3 months, know that I decided against upgrading...

I turned over a student to the honor council for plagiarism yesterday. That was interesting. Kids, stop cheating! It's not worth it in the long run. Don't sell you birthright for a mess of A's. In ten years you'll forget most of your high school grades anyway.

Speaking of which, the ten year high school reunion is this weekend, I believe. I won't be going. Can't make it to Kansas. I have to admit, I'm a little bummed--more than I thought I would be. It's times like this that I have to admit I am pretty anti-social. Still, there are only a handful of people I'd have been excited about seeing, and most of them probably won't show up anyway. Instead I'll spend the weekend mowing the lawn, grading, and possibly watching a dog parade. I know, you're feeling jealous, but we can't all live the glamorous lifestyle.

OK, I should have gone to bed an hour ago.

No comments: