Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Broke

Spring Break seems like a good time to branch out, so Shoeless Joel, LTD is now expanding into Shoeless Joel, Inc. And the fact that I don't actually know what that means is just one more reason you probably shouldn't invest your retirement fund with me. In the mean time, here are a few new endeavors I've been spending my time on:
  • I'm currently testing out Safari to see if it will make the cut as my go to web browser. So far I like the clean look and the bookmark toolbar, but I don't like the overly bolded text or the fact that I can't get clicked-links to open in a new tab rather than a new window. Still, it shows potential.
  • Entertainment Weekly alerted me to hulu.com. TV at your fingertips. Hopefully soon they'll add the other major networks, but this is promising. I never could bring myself to pay for iTunes tv downloads. Now if there were just a way to make this viewable from my iPod.
  • In the past two days I've purchased both a grill and a doghouse, and since Spring Break began on Friday I've been working outside to a silly degree. Someday, somehow, I will have a nice lawn. Just not yet.
  • 10,000 BC may be the worst movie I see all year. Amelia and I got some good jokes in, though, so it was worth the $12. Mystery Science Theater, where would I be without you?
  • Dexter, Season 2! If you only watch one tv show with a serial-killing, blood-spatter-analyzing protagonist trying to get by, make it this one. 
  • I'm really into the Penguin Deluxe Editions that have just been released with independent cartoonists as the cover artists. Amelia bought me this version of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and I bought this version of some Ryunosuke Akutagawa short stories. They're pretty fun to look at, and the introductions, etc. that have been added are worthwhile. I'm hoping they keep this series going.
Well, this sits near the top of my list of boring blog posts, but give a brother a break; I've got a killer headache and I'm ready for bed.

Coming soon: The arrival of Zimm and family!

No comments: