Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Indy Part 1

My Indianapolis trip is now a thing of the past, much like the summer break. But I wanted to get the details up before school starts, probably in a few posts, because I'm too lazy to resize all my pictures at once.

I flew from Jacksonville to Indy on Saturday, stopping in Charlotte, NC on the way. I learned some important facts in my few hours at Charlotte:

Fact #1: Southerners love rocking chairs. If no porches are available to rock on, they will find the nearest moving sidewalk and plant themselves in front.


Fact #2 (not pictured): Charlotte airport security? Segways.

Fact #3: Fried pickles?


I'm suspicious.

(Jayhawk shoutout - wearing a Kansas hat in North Carolina feels good, especially this year. Suck it, Tar Heels!) Anywho, the pickles are somewhat tasty, but also surprisingly spicy. And, of course, good for the heart.

Fact #4: Waiting for airplanes is boring.


After picking me up from the airport, Dylan promptly got lost. Or at least that's what he told me. Then I told him I wouldn't make out with him and suddenly he found the highway. So that was odd.

The next day was Sunday, and after typical churchy activities the trip adventures began. I was only there for two full days, so we had to pack a lot in a short amount of time. So we got in some comfy clothes and headed out. I was going to wear my Batman outfit, but Zane beat me to it.


In keeping with that spirit, we grabbed Shawn (not pictured) and Matt (not pictured) and went to the movies (pictured).


We'd all seen the Dark Knight already, but it's not everyday you have a chance to see it on IMAX, especially in the Brunswick boonies where I live. And let me tell you, it is absolutely worth it. A lot of the outdoor wide shots are filmed with the IMAX camera, and it's pretty breathtaking.

Still, this trip wasn't about the movies. At this point Dylan and I decided to venture out on our own in search of food. We thought it would only be a 30 minute drive to our destination, but the traffic gods had other ideas.


TRAFFIC JAM!!!!!!!

Adventure or pain in the ass? We saw it differently.


Turns out Dylan was right. It was pretty annoying.

By now we were famished. Fortunately, despite what you may have heard, Indianapolis does have food. Or at least noodles.


I'll bite.


It's tasty, but spicy. Dylan has the right idea, whereas I forgot to buy a drink.


Sustenance attained, it was on to the amphitheater. All right, we missed the opening act, so bring on the Radiohead!


Up next: The Radiohead is Brought On.

No comments: