Saturday, August 09, 2008

Opening Ceremonies

How about those opening ceremonies? That was pretty amazing. I don't think I've ever seen anything to equal it. I didn't quite get why they blew up the stadium at the end, there, though.

I had an awesome trip to Indiana last week to see Dylan, Shawn, Radiohead, and Wilco. It was really good times, and I'll post more about it later (resizing all the pictures is kind of a pain to get around to). Also we hope to have some sort of information on the Amelia job front soon, so we'll see how that goes.

School starts this Thursday (well, pre-planning, but for all intents and purposes I have to work again, so basically...). I thought I'd have 6 classes this year, which is a lot, and would have meant a lot more work and a little extra pay. Turns out I'll only have 4 first semester and 5 second semester, so my life just got way better. Maybe I can use that extra time to keep writing!

In the meantime, I rented Soul Caliber IV to play for my last week of no work. The thing about fighting games: great stress reliever (and we've got stress these days, kids) when they're not totally infuriating. My swearing percentage goes up significantly while playing arcade fighters, as do my cries of "This computer is cheating!" So maybe I'll have to play that less and watch the olympics a little more. That's not bad. Beach volleyball is probably more relaxing than sword fighting anyway.

No comments: