Tuesday, February 16, 2010

#47

See, this is why I need to blog more. I'm trying to figure out some sort of clever title that would hint at the new goal I've set to blog everyday from now until my birthday (47 days from today) and also provide some sort of hipster reference or pun or something, and I got nothing. 47 Ronin? The jersey number of Jazz player Andrei Kirilenko? What?

There is no wittiness here.

Great article on Esquire's website about Roger Ebert, the oral surgeries that have removed his jaw and left him incapable of speech, and his massively changed life. I remember getting excited on Saturday afternoons about watching Siskel and Ebert. The show was better than previews because it showed real clips, and here were two guys who knew what they were talking about. Sad now when I ask my film class that only one or two have them  have heard of them. Anyway, it's worth a few minutes of your time.

Things are tense at school these days. Lay-offs are happening, and it's a pretty big bummer. Definitely concerned for those losing jobs in this economic climate. Between that and my new 5 am wakeup time (get up, go to the gym, stay awake for 15 more hours, fall asleep early) it's serious days lately. Maybe blogging will spice things up.

No comments: