Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Relatively Painless

Well, my class observation went pretty well. My mentor said he thought I did a nice job, got a lot of good participation, and had a nice and easy style. That was nice. I was also pleased that I asked questions (to the mentor) that he had wanted to comment on. I think it ended up showing that I was aware of areas to work on. I don't know, we'll see when I get the actual report.

Wednesdays are long! I teach at 8:00, have a class from 9:00-12:00 and another class from 12:20-3:20. My last class is completely uninteresting . . . in fact, it's part of what makes me rethink my desire to be in grad school. It's all theory and lots of stuff that just doesn't spark my interest. I like reading and studying lit, I like the teaching, but getting into theoretical discourse really isn't my cup of tea. That's why I keep wondering if I should stop after the Master's and teach in Community College while I write many famous novels. That sounds like a good gig to me.

Also, I'm about halfway through Invisible Man now. I've just come across some kind of weird experimentation on the narrator. I have no clue if it's real, allegorical, or just a dream, but it confused the crap out of me. We'll see if this gets resolved.

No comments: