Saturday, December 04, 2004

status report

Well, at this point I've writtern 6 pages out of around 25 that are due on the 14th (that's 2 papers, one 15+ pages and one 10+ pages). It's not awesome, but I'm pleased with it.

I have to say, Christmas is an interesting time at our house. I seem to have the unfortunate ability to guess what Amelia will get me, and she hates it. I don't always mean to, I just do it. So this year I'm resolved not to guess anything outloud. Because I know she likes to suprise me, and I want her to enjoy buying for me as much as I enjoy buying for her.

Because I really have fun going Christmas shopping. Something about buying her stuff is just fun, because I know how excited it will make her on Christmas morning. It's probably twice as fun buying for kids, but I wouldn't know yet. What I do know is that Christmas is one of the few times in my life I enjoy going clothes shopping, and talking to the sales ladies and figuring out what's in style, and maybe buying things a little nicer than we can buy during the rest of the year.

But I still won't pay $65 for a shirt. Sorry expensive women's clothing boutiques.

No comments: