Tuesday, April 05, 2005

cheer up, charlie

Today is shaping up to be one of those days. I refused to watch the game last night (when I flipped there around halftime, UNC was up by so much it hurt) and wouldn't you know that of course they won it all. I had a bad feeling they would. It wouldn't bother me so much if they hadn't won until the players Roy Williams had brought in had already left Kansas, but to win it there while players like Wayne Simien and others who played their hearts out for Roy are still at KU is just wrong. It's like a kick to the face of all us Kansas fans, but those guys in particular. Well, he got what he wanted, so I'm sure he's happy.

So that was a downer of a way to start the day, and then I had to take my car in to get a little work done (the "check engine" light is on). I'm fully expecting that it'll be a problem with one of the few things not under warranty, so that bites. On the plus side, at least they have a shuttle to drop me off at home so I can get some work done.

Actually, though, things are going pretty well other than those two things. I went to the gym this morning after a week and a half away. It sucked, but the good kind of sucking that gyms are where you feel good afterword. And I think I'll be able to get quite a few things done that I need to today. Now if only I can motivate myself to grade some papers too. It's sad. I only have nine students this semester, but I still procrastinate and procrastinate doing the grading. In all it only takes like 2 hours, but I've already had this set for about a week. I told them I'd get them back on Friday, though, so I'd better step it up. OK, back to mourning the victory of UNC and plugging away on the Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle. I know. You're jealous.

No comments: