Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh hi.

I bet you thought I forgot about you. I bet you thought, "Sure, 11 comments at a time on that last post and he just stops caring about the little people who got him there." I bet you thought I had moved on.

But I can't seem to quit you, blog.

. . .

How's that for a dated Heath Ledger reference? Now on to the real business.

Things have been busy lately. Between chaperoning school dances (my favorite activity, and if you believe that, I've got some mortgages I'd like you to invest in), prepping lessons and grading tests, and setting up our new home theater system, I've been busy. I just haven't had time for the Internet.

Time, in fact, seems to be flying by. I felt old last night (not the first time, but the most recent) when I fell asleep at 9:30.

9:30! When did I turn into a 70-year-old woman?

Still, even with limited time on my hands, things are going well. We got a tax return this year (who knew owning a house--so costly 11 months of the year--could actually bring money back come taxtime), and though we already know where some of it is going (a month without a microwave is a long month indeed) it's still a great bonus. And, as I always like to report, Amelia and I still have jobs, so things remain good for a little longer.

So, asssuming I can get my head above water on the work front this week look for more (and more interesting) updates soon.

No comments: